Data processing is the collection and manipulation of items of data to produce meaningful information. In this sense it can be considered a subset of information processing, “the change of information in any manner detectable by an observer.”
That is why it is crucial for all companies to understand the necessity of processing all their data, and how to go about it.
Benefit of Services
Turning your data into useful formats will help you run your firm more efficiently. Your firm’s data can be your basis in making plans to improve your strategy, service, sales, and even your staff’s work outlook.
- Cleaning Data
- Data Standardization
- Data Consolidation
- Database Maintenance
What Each Includes?
Reasons why you need this service:
- Remove Irrelevant Values. The first and foremost thing you should do is remove useless pieces of data from your system
- Get Rid of Duplicate Values. Duplicates are similar to useless values
- Avoid Typos (and similar errors)
- Convert DataTypes
- Take Care of Missing Values
The 4 steps we use to standardization
- We understand your data and what you need it for
- We need to analyses your processes and work back to understand what role the data plays at what point.
- Understand your data entry points
This can lead to multiple account records that you cannot exact match for deduplication and rep updates made across multiple records, eroding your single source of truth and trust in your data.
- Define the data standards that will give you the greatest flow
When selecting what standard, you want to use for your data, ensure you understand what you are using it for and what applications and end-users have requirements for that data. Then group and standardize your data to meet those needs.
Data consolidation is the process that amalgamates all that data, eliminates redundancies, and removes inaccuracies before storing it in a single location, such as a data warehouse or database.
- Data Consolidation Techniques
- ETL (Extract, Transform, Load)
- Data Virtualization
- Data Warehousing
- Wrap Up
Using database maintenance plans, we can automate basic database administration activities. Maintenance plans are SQL Server integration service packages which are executed by SQL Server Agent job on a configured schedule. Using maintenance plans, we can automate the following tasks.
- Shrink a database
- Backup a database
- Operator notification
- Update database statistics
- Perform database integrity check
- Execute SQL Server Agent jobs
- Execute T-SQL script
- Reorganize or rebuild indexes